'Rent Rage, I have it.

The 'Rent has been sick. And before I go any further in this tale, let me state for the record that this entire thing is due to a doctor not doing their due diligence when the patient has C.O.P.D.

We have been back and forth to her doctor for over two months now over all where she has not been feeling "right". The doctor did blood work, a urine test, and "listened" to her lungs and said she sounds clear. Let me be perfectly blunt here, if you are a doctor and have a patient with C.O.P.D. who is on oxygen 24/7, LISTENING to their lungs for anything is POINTLESS. A chest ex-ray is necessary to see if anything is going on in those lungs. And how do I know this you ask? BECAUSE THE CRAZY OLD BAT HAS HAD PNEUMONIA FOR A MONTH AND HER PRIMARY DOCTOR MISSED IT because all he did was LISTEN to her poor lungs. What he DID find was a U.T.I., which took two courses of Antibiotics to get cleared up. Once it was gone she still had blood in her urine so off we go to a Urologist to see what we can see.  That office sends her for testing and in the course of her test they discover that she again has pneumonia, which for someone with C.O.P.D. is bad chit.

This is where the 'Rent Rage comes in.

I know she has been ill, and I know she is dependent upon us for everything, but there are two things you can do to set me off. 1) Lying - CHECK and 2) Manipulation - CHECK. Yes kids, we had a TWOFER yesterday. And Let me state right here that she pulled both and is still living to talk about it.

I have never heard that someone could be so HAPPY about being ill. There is no other way to describe the voice that called me no less than 4 times yesterday and I was finally able to pick up the 4th call. Here is the thing, I work an hour away from the house, and we are a minimum of 15 miles outside of town, and I have been going to the gym daily for 6 weeks so I get home slightly later than usual. The call goes like this:

'Rent: Well, the doctor's office called. I have pneumonia. (slightly giddy tone of voice)
Me: Pneumonia? They saw this from checking your kidneys?
'Rent: They found it when they did the abdominal cat scan.
Me: So what are they doing for it? And at least we finally know what is wrong.
'Rent: They called in two antibiotics and I have to take them immediately.
Me: OK, So can <insert sibling's name here> pick them up?
'Rent: She isn't going to be home from the city until after they pharmacy closes. (LIE)
Me:  So I guess you want me to pick them up? Can it wait until I am done with the gym?
'Rent: I will just ask <insert neighbor A's name> or <insert neighbor B's name> to go get them for me. (MANIPULATION)
Me: Never mind Mom, I will leave right now and go get them.
'Rent: Well I don't want to make you miss the gym.
         THE HELL YOU DON'T YOU CRAZY OLD BAT, YOU ARE CALLING ME PLAYING THE            POOR PITIFUL CARD AND USING MY NEED TO NOT USE THE NEIGHBORS AS YOUR            PACK MULES TO GET YOUR WAY! THAT IS WHY YOU CALLED ME 4 TIMES.
Me: Never mind Mom, I will get them. Are you sure the pharmacy has them? Can you please call and make sure they have them since I will be driving 15 miles PAST THE HOUSE to get them and bring them to you.

I leave work seeing red, sending my sibling a scrambled rambling text message to let her know my level of fury.
My sibling calls and informs me that she is just behind me on the road and let's stop and visit and then get the 'Rent her medicine.
I find out that the sibling had said that YES she would be late but could pick up the medicine.

So we took our time, had a glass of wine, and she got her medicine at the same time she would have had she just waited for my sister rather than manipulating me.

Thank goodness for siblings that are kinder and calmer than I, as I might be looking through bars this AM if I didn't have her.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still Kicking

SUPASTAH!

How to balance insanity?