A totally rational conversation.... I almost got that out without laughing

Yesterday was the BIG, go get all the information, sign the forms, and face the reality of looming surgery, day.

Overall, I was able to survive it. I did however have a moment that stopped me in my tracks and while I know damn well what a hysterectomy is and what the end results of said hysterectomy is, it was very hard to face the very kind pretty lady who hands me a form and states this says you are acknowledging we are sterilizing you,

Yes I am totally aware of that, however looking at it in writing, in capital letters with lines for you to sign an initial, caused a side trip to another place in my psyche reserved for my come apart moments in the privacy of my daily life that I tend to prevent witnesses from participating in.

So I smiled politely. I signed the form. I gave them blood. I spoke to the juice doctor who will be putting me under for the festivities and I am all set to be officially a closed down baby making factory. Mine was apparently scheduled to fold at this time, I just am having a hard time understanding it all from an emotional place.

So we got home, I got in bed and in the quiet of my mind I started to break into a million little fractures in pain, I know it will pass and this isn't horrible information, and I am going to be fine and in fact better than many women in my situation. It doesn't make it less terrifying or final.

Now about the rational conversation part of this. I called the 'Rent on the way home to try to express some of my pain in a clear manner,
'Rent: What's the matter?
Me: I didn't sleep.
'Rent: Neither did I, I am exhausted. Why didn't you sleep?
Me: I didn't sleep because I kept seeing this form that said STERILIZATION AUTHORIZATION on it. It makes it more than a little harsh and real. (but so is life so this should be nothing new)
'Rent: Well it is going to be fine. You just need to calm down and let it be what it is. (thank you Obie One)
Me: I realize that and no this isn't a life threatening issue. But it is LIFE CHANGING and I am not ready to just let it go.( I need to grieve. It will be over soon,. It is more what it represents which is the fast running journey into middle-aged-dom.)
'Rent: Well we will just have to get through this and you will be OK. This waiting is killing me.
Me: I can just imagine. <flat staring face here>
'Rent: Oh, well I would think perhaps the waiting and watching the clock is making this much harder on you since you are the one having the surgery.
Me:Probably. (Did she really just say that?)

I have banned her from the hospital and I am hoping she honors those wishes. I cannot come out of there after surgery and have to go back into indentured servitude on the range.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still Kicking

SUPASTAH!

How to balance insanity?